Capecitabine is indicated for the following conditions:
- Adjuvant treatment of patients following surgery of stage III (Dukes’ stage C) colon cancer.
- First-line treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer.
- Treatment, in combination with oxaliplatin, of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer following failure of irinotecan-containing combination chemotherapy.
- Treatment, in combination with docetaxel, of patients with locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer after failure of prior anthracyline-containing chemotherapy.
- Treatment, as monotherapy, of patients with locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer resistant to both paclitaxel and an anthracycline-containing chemotherapy regimen or resistant to paclitaxel and for whom further anthracycline therapy is not indicated.