Health Benefits of Chia Seeds
- Chia Seeds Deliver a Massive Amount of Nutrients With Very Few Calories.
- Chia Seeds Are Loaded With Antioxidants.
- Chia seeds are high in quality protein, much higher than most plant foods.
- Chia seeds are high in protein and fiber, both of which have been shown to aid weight loss.
- Chia Seeds Are High in Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
- Chia Seeds May Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease.
- Chia seeds are high in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus and protein. All of these nutrients are essential for bone health.
Chia Seeds Are Easy to Incorporate Into Your Diet.
- They can be eaten raw, soaked in juice, added to porridge, pudding, smoothies or added to baked goods.
- You can also sprinkle them on top of cereal, yogurt, vegetables or rice dishes.
- Because of their ability to absorb both water and fat, they can be used to thicken sauces and as egg substitutes in recipes.
- They can also be mixed with water and turned into a gel.
A common dosage recommendation is 20 grams (about 1.5 tablespoons) of chia seeds, twice per day.